Just for Fun:
The Hair of the Dog that Bit You – Have you heard this saying before? What does this mean? Where did it come from? You usually hear this in reference to curing a hangover. Well, from my research, it seems that it comes from the philosophy that like cures like. The best cure for something that makes you sick is to have some more of it. So if you have a hangover form drinking too much, you should drink more of what you drank. Note: Do not try this. In ancient times, it was believed that you should put hair from the dog that bit you on the wound to help heal it. Some explanations said that it was specifically a rabid dog. Note: If you are bitten, do not try this either.
As a dog groomer, I like to hear jokes about dogs and hair of course. Here’s two that gave me an agreeing nod and a chuckle:
- Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this because of all the time they spend on personal grooming. Dogs aren’t like this. A dog’s idea of personal grooming is to roll on a dead fish.” — James Gorman
- You know your a groomer when: You see a good looking guy walking a dog in the park and you are checking out the dog’s haircut.
Hello Dog Lovers! Welcome to Pupscale Grooming Blog. I have decided to start a blog to inform the conscious dog owner about the upkeep and proper care of their pup who deserves upscale treatment without the upscale price. This blog will feature: news, info on special dog related events, grooming service promotions, trends in dog grooming, featured dog of the month, and educational info. Check out the “About” page to learn a little about me. Please subscribe to the blog; I promise I will not share,sell, or trade your email address or saturate your inbox .
Enjoy a little dog groomer humor:
Contrary to the above cartoons, I am blessed with very well-behaved dogs. Some, I think, enjoy the process. I, and I’m sure many other groomers have been asked the question: ”Why does it cost more to get my dog groomed than my own haircut?” Well, over the years there is a growing list of answers. Here are some that I have come across. Have a little laugh.
- Your hairdresser doesn’t give you a bath.
- Your hairdresser doesn’t give you a manicure and pedicure.
- You don’t try to bite or scratch your hairdresser.
- You don’t wiggle, spin or try to jump out of the hairdresser’ s chair.
- Your hairdresser only cuts the top of your head, not your whole body.
- You don’t try to hump the hairdresser.
- Your hairdresser doesn’t wipe boogies from your eyes.
- Your hairdresser doesn’t pluck and clean your ears.
- Your hairdresser doesn’t squeeze your anal glands.
- You don’t poop or pee while you are getting your hair cut.
- Your hairdresser does not remove fleas or ticks.
- You don’t go 6 weeks (or more) without brushing or washing your hair.
- Your hairdresser doesn’t brush your teeth.
- You don’t try to bite the clippers. scissors, brush, nail clippers or dyer.
- It doesn’t take 3 people to trim your nails.
- Your hairdresser doesn’t have to de-matt your hair.
- Your hairdresser would never wash your butt.
- Your hair dresser doesn’t give you a “sanitary trim”.
- Drying your hair doesn’t blow hair on everything.
- You don’t howl or bark while having all this done!