I often frequent the Groomer’s Lounge which is an online bulletin board for and by pet groomers. I came across the International Internet Groomers Alliance. There I found a The Pet Grooming Professional Code of Ethics written by Ravenna Oakes. I liked it and I’ve decided to take the pledge.
As a Pet Grooming Professional, I promise:
1. To keep concern for the welfare, health and safety of the pets under my care the topmost priority of my work.
2. To treat the pets in my care at all times with vigilance, kindness, patience and respect.
3. To conduct my business with honesty and integrity, toward my customers and their pets, and toward other grooming and pet care professionals, and toward myself.
4. To continue to seek knowledge and resources that will contribute to my skills and to my ability to care for my client pets.
5. To contribute, when and how I can, to the growth and improvement of the Pet Grooming profession.
6. To offer other pet groomers, whenever possible, the human support and encouragement that we need to feel a part of this professional community.
7. To provide education to my customers and to the public on proper grooming care for their pets.
8. To treat all others as I would have them treat me.